Saturday 8 November 2008

The Promise

I can't afford to live like this,
and I can't afford to die.
I want to know whose path I'm on,
don't say it's mine 'cause that's a lie.
The picture turned out different
than the promises of youth.
The sun I'm seeking's hidden by
the clouds of my life's truth.
The hills were steep and the valleys low,
still I arrived just where I am.
I may not have that much to give
but you can have all that I am.
I look up and He looks down,
and His message is so true.
All I need is you to pray to me,
and I promise to pray for you.
Time will tell and time won't lie.
Hearts will bleed and souls will cry.
The power of prayer will get us by,
but we'll never know if we don't try.
This is how I want to live,
this is how I want to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog